Pages

April 15, 2017

DO YOU REMEMBER THE PATHS OF LIFE?

Road towards Jibowu through Yabatech Road


Life indeed is a journey, and every steps and walk are usually through  pathways to wherever destination you are headed, no matter who you are or what you do. I remembered this road I usually walk along everyday to and fro my time of studying in Yaba College of Technology then, as an art student. Sometimes I even recall run along it whenever I am running late for my classes since I was a part time student and working at Isolo area, Lagos.

Every journey you embark on in life they say leads you to a destination. It was really hard making the decision then of taking evening classes, sacrificing my time & pleasures, resources, money and commuting stress back home to Ikorodu everyday, but was all worth it and remembering now. This is just to share the timeless fact and saying below to whoever cares to agree; that 'Difficult roads often leads to beautiful destinations' - unknown

My retrospect here of living in Lagos then is a reminder that whatever roads we decide to take in life, be it the hard, easy one, the popular or less taken by others, is worth remembering, grateful for and most importantly, profitable if it is positive one. I also feel that we as a Nation, full of abundant natural/human resources should do better, deserve good and enjoy more of life's paths wherever we live in. Are we striving for the attainment of advancement, better roads, good infrastructures or just complacent where we are as compared to other countries? If I was to come back to this road sometime again, would I still see it this way or better?

Pathways should remind of us where we come from, our memories and life journeys. It should be a link between our past and future. Whatever we do with or to these pathways, or what we do about making life and living worth better, easier and enjoyable to coming generations after us really matters. Would you walk through and leave good steps and paths after you? I also remembered that I never did one day litter the roads or paths that I have walked through.Will your own contributions or sacrifices enhance or better your environments or country? Its all worth thinking about and doing, don't you think?


©Marquismo6  2017


 



No comments: